"Living in The Shadow of Perfection," by Lucy Devin at first seemed to be just like one of a lovely family story. As I started reading I thought I wasn't going to have any interest at all in the story. The feeling if I were there, being Alexis to be compared by others. This
story is a good piece to read. The title itself describe how it feels
to be in her place. However, after I got into the story I found myself more interested than I thought I was going to be. I'm the only child in my small family and feel well-formed for having this kind of conflict inside a family.
While I was reading the story I've been thinking how could Alexis keeps on going with her/his life. From his/her perspective, her/his mother wasn't even support his/her enough and tend to compared her/his with her sister. To be good at almost nothing like his/her is hard and stressful. She tried to please everyone and living in her sister's shadow. The author gives the perspective that Alexis was looking up to her/his sister was a beautiful full moon sparkles above her head, shining upon the world so happily. And as for her who is a failure, nothing can possibly be done about her but wishing to have the same attentions.
As the actual reader, I could feel the tension and the author's diction to emphasizes her character's feelings. The author did a good job to make it detail; how Alexis would act differently in school to pull out her burden with her friends who also seems like good for nothing.
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Literary theories
Posted by Asha at 9:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment